

Ok, I don't want to create any "blog rage" just because I didn't have a chance to post anything yesterday! So, if you didn't already notice, I posted some pictures from Thursday night and Friday during camp too. Three posts in one day-- aren't you lucky?!?!?!?
Yesterday was Tim's birthday. If you don't know how old he is now, you'll have to email him and ask! His "birthday present" was that he got to stay home and clean the carpet, go grocery shopping, and make things for dinner! How sad is that? Well, the reason for all of this is that Vanya's orphanage officials came over for dinner so that we could talk about Vanya's past and how he was doing in his orphanage. It is very important that we make a good impression so that they remember us when we go to the Ukraine and ask for permission to adopt Ivan. After a dinner of steak, chicken, brats, hash brown casserole, corn on the cob, cucumbers and onions, we sat down to talk about Vanya. Through the translator, we expressed our thanks for allowing us to host Ivan in our home. We told them how much we adore him and that we are very interested in moving forward with adoption. We asked lots of questions and found out some interesting information, but they did not know all the answers to our questions due to a lack of available records. For confidentiality reasons, I am not going to post anymore information about Vanya's past and life in Ukraine on this blog. I hope you will understand.
Our guests surprised us with flowers, wine, and a carrot cake from a local grocery store. We also showered them with gifts to take back to their country: wine, jewelry, Indiana picture books, bath and body accessories, and of course, some Vera Bradley! I surprised Tim with an ice cream cake and our visitors were very interested in American birthday traditions. Our translator has a great sense of humor and laughed when I said that sometimes we give spankings for each year someone is born! (No spankings were dispersed; I just told her about them!)
Even though I did have my camera battery back, I totally forgot to take pictures last night. However, here is a birthday card I made for Vanya to give Tim. I did the front on the computer, and Vanya colored and printed inside. The top of it says, "Happy Birthday" in Ukrainian. I wrote, "Teagan" on another paper, and Vanya copied it. At the bottom is how Vanya is written in the Ukraine.
No comments:
Post a Comment