Yes, I know, I was 3 days behind in posting. You will need to scroll WAY down to find where you left off last. I got a little "wordy" today!
Well, it's 12:30 AM and tomorrow (well, really today) we take Vanya back to Indianapolis to board his plane to the Ukraine. It will be a very sad day, but we wouldn't have traded this 2-1/2 week experience for anything. Many of you have asked, "What would happen if you just don't take him back to the airport?" and my reply has been, "They tend to frown on international kidnapping!" :-) Tomorrow or this weekend I will post again and tell you how the rest of this process will work.
Tim leaves early Saturday morning for his Coast Guard drill weekend, so I will be burying my head in my classroom. Teachers report on Monday, and the kids arrive on Wednesday. While I have most of my things ready, I have two closets in my room that need some organizing. If it's one thing I love, it's organizing, so that will keep my mind off of other things this weekend.
I will post pictures of Friday's departure sometime this weekend, so check back soon. I will also keep this blog going throughout this process, so we hope you stay with us during this journey.
Lastly, if you could, please say a prayer for Vanya and all the Ukrainian children and adults who were here (48 in all) that they return to Ukraine safely and without incident. Please also pray that the children who did not find a potential adoptive family this trip, find one very soon. Thank you!
Where'd She Go????
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment