I received a phone call at 6:52 AM local time Sunday morning (yesterday) from Tim telling me he had arrived in Ukraine (1:52 PM his time). Even though I told him to call me as soon as he could (and insisted upon it!), I still wasn't ready for that early of a phone call on a weekend!!! :-) Jenya picked him up at the airport and then promptly delivered him to the train station. This was despite the fact that his train didn't take off until 9:00 PM that night. Apparently you can rent a room at the train station! Who knew?!?!?!?
Now Mondays are rarely my favorite day of the week, but when you get a phone call at 8:00 AM, and you hear a little voice say, "Good morning, Mama!" all of a sudden now Mondays are the best day of the week!!! (Ok, maybe just for this week!) It was such a delight to hear Evan's voice!!! We didn't talk much more than that since we're still working on the language barrier issue, but he gave the phone to Tim so that he could report on the day so far:
Arriving in Kotovsk (where Evan's school is) by train around 6:00 AM, Tim and Viktor checked into our favorite hotel and caught a few zzz's until they left at 8:00 to get our boy. Knowing we had to provide all new clothes, I was a little anxious because we forgot to measure his pant length when we were there last week. So of course I learned this morning that last summer's pants which were too big are now too short! whoops!!! But, everything else fit fine (including the new shoes) and he looked pretty dapper. Tim was ready for my next question: "Yes, dear, I took pictures of him!"
Guess what they had for lunch and where????? Yup, potato perogies and cabbage salad at "The Cafe!" The fun never ends, does it? I didn't get to talk to them for very long, but I did learn that Tim was hoping to take a nap (didn't sleep well on the plane or the train), and then they were going to be picked up by Yuri (our taxi driver from the last trip) at 3:00 AM so they could drive to Evan's village by 8:00 tomorrow morning (Tuesday). That's where the birth certificate altering will be done. Tim said they are pushing hard to get everything done by Friday so they can fly home this weekend. If they don't finish by Friday, then they won't be home until the middle of next week due to business offices being closed on Monday for their Eastern Orthodox Easter.
I'm being pressured for pictures, and if you aren't lucky enough to work with me where everyone already saw them, then I guess I will try to find time to post them. I forgot my flash drive at work, so as soon I remember to bring it home, I'll post the pictures. Okay????
Where'd She Go????
13 years ago
3 comments:
"Good morning, Mama"...I love it!!
We are so happy for you. And I know you are missing being with your 2 boys, but I bet they are having a great "just guy" bonding time. Hang in there, that airport meeting is goiong to feel great!! We will pray it will be this weekend. And for a smooth, uneventful flight for the guys.
God Bless
The Burgs
How dare he get taller on you!
Hopefully they will be home for the weekend!
Prayers,
Manges family
Sounds like things are going well. We can't wait to see Vanya in church!
Post a Comment