Friday, April 10, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane . . . broken record???

How scary/funny that there are some people out there who don't know what a record is!!!! (8-track player, Bob???)

It's almost midnight on Friday, and we're packing AGAIN!! Well, I am packing, and Tim is organizing important papers and his carry on bag. I am the queen of organized packing, so I am in my glory packing up Tim and Evan's things. We had to do a mad dash to the stores today-- we almost forgot we had to buy shoes for Evan! He had a pair of gym shoes and sandals when he came here last year, but they belong to the school (and, he said his gym shoes got holes in them anyway!) Hopefully we bought the correct size shoes. We measured his feet when we were in Ukraine last week, and the sales women at the store recommended buying one size up since his toes were right at size 2-1/2. The really great thing is that she told us to hold on to the receipt, and if the shoes don't fit, to bring them back. We had already explained about the international adoption when we came in, and she still said that even if he wears the shoes and if they don't fit perfectly, then bring them back! Seemed like a good deal to us!

It was hard to figure out what to pack for Evan since it was pretty chilly 2 weeks ago when we were there, but it sounds like maybe it's warming up some now. However, it was quite fun finding lots of winter shirts/sweatshirts on clearance!!!!!! I also had to pack some extra clothes in the event he really ISN'T over the whole car/plane/train sickness stuff! He should have lots of layers from which to choose. To make it easier, I just put all of his clothes in a small suitcase. I think he will enjoy having his own bag! (And, he may have more clothes than his Papa on this trip!)

We will be driving to Detroit tomorrow (Saturday). Please feel free to pray for Tim's safe trip back to Ukraine; quick trips to the various towns for picking up Evan, blood test results, a new birth certificate, souvenirs we missed the first time, and U.S. Embassy paperwork; uneventful train trips, and another safe trip back to the United States. If all of this could be done in less than one week, that would be even better!!!! I'm sending Tim off with the journal and camera, so we'll see if he can keep up with the tradition we started when we left 3 weeks ago. I hope Evan will enjoy reading some day about how far his Mama and Papa traveled (physically AND emotionally) to bring home their "chosen child!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for safe travels! Heather Adair

Humphreys Family said...

We are praying for a safe and speedy return! Happy Easter!

PS- We'd love to see some pics! ;)

Unknown said...

Ditto!