Thursday, April 23, 2009

Celebrating Evan's birthday- 1st grade style

So, since I couldn't celebrate my son's birthday with him today, I decided to celebrate it with my class. I shared fruit-flavored candy I brought back from Ukraine for them, and I read a story that had some Russian phrases in it. They were so delighted to learn how to say "hello," "good bye," "see you later" (my personal favorite!), "ouch" (their personal favorite), and the title of the book in Russian. They LOVED the candy, and I heard more than once, "Ukrainian candy rocks!" I wish you could have seen their little faces when I told them the day Evan would be home! It was amazing to hear the shouts of, "Congratulations, Mrs. Decker!" when I shared my news. It was the best way to spend Evan's birthday since he couldn't be here.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah!! Tears of joy from all of us. Can't wait to here how they are doing on U.S. soil.
CONGRATULATIONS and YEAH!! again for all of you

Humphreys Family said...

We are all so happy for you guys! Great job, congrats and good luck as the new life now begins! We've enjoyed following this journey and look forward to meeting Mr. Evan!

Unknown said...

How neat! That was very special you could share that with your kiddos!