I can tell by how many people have been checking our blog, that you are anxiously awaiting news of what we've been up to since Evan's permanent return to the US. I honestly think it may be easier to tell you what we haven't done in the last 3 weeks. Can you believe next Friday that Evan will have been in the United States for one month already! Time is just a flying by!
First of all, Teagan is not far from this boy's side. As you can see by some pictures, wherever Evan is, Teagan needs to be. I really need to sneak in some night and take a picture of Teagan helping Evan get to sleep. She has no qualms of spreading out across the bottom of Evan's single-size bed and allowing him to sleep in a little ball! Good thing she doesn't sleep there the whole night!
Second, give Evan something to build and he's all over it. He is an expert puzzle putter-together, loves Lego building sets, and seems to enjoy learning how things work. He doesn't have a problem brushing your hand aside and saying, "Evan!" He's also great at coloring and using his imagination. He spends a lot of time upstairs playing with the Indiana Jones scene that Tim made him. His Aunt Sandy and his dad bought him lots of IJ action figures, and he's been holding a lot of battles up there. Nothing broken yet, so I guess the battles aren't too violent!
We've spent a lot of time working on his English throughout each day. He can sing the "ABC song" and can point out the letters when he sees them. With a little help, he can count to 100. And, what's really fun is that he is anxious to read all by himself. We've been reading to him quite a bit, and he's been working on the words himself. I found a children's Russian story book at the library, and he's read that to us. He's a really good reader. Tim attempted to record him reading, but I didn't realize the sound was turned off. We'll try again really soon and let you listen to him read in his native language.
Car trips: In the last 3 weeks, we've taken quite a few trips around town. I don't know if we'll attempt any trip longer than 30 minutes for several months, but so far he's only gotten sick in the car ONE time! I found the children's version of Bonine again, and I also found some ginger chewing gum for motion sickness. And, wouldn't you know that the one time he didn't have the gum, he got sick!
Enjoy these pictures. I'll post more soon!



1 comment:
How funny! We have the same Teagan/mini-Bentley puzzle. He would love all the Legos that Julie has. She is definitely my tomboy!
Jill
Post a Comment